Want to know more about the different types of materials used for our collections? Let’s discover the world of outdoor fabrics and fibres and its specific jargon.
What is Batyline®?
Batyline® is a finish made of UV-resistant, mass-coloured PVC fibre. It does not fade under the influence of light or sunshine and is water-repellent and resistant to water from swimming pools and seawater. It can be used in extreme temperatures -30°C (-22°F) to +70°C (158°F), while being easy to clean and maintain, with the Woven & Textile Cleaner (see Manutti Care Line) available for specific maintenance. Batyline® can be used outdoors and indoors. Contains no toxins, is environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable.
Batyline® is used in the Helios, Latona and Fuse collections and is available in the colours Mocca, Pearl White, White, Granite Grey, Bronze, Black, Flax and Linen.
What is Lotus?
Lotus is a new Manutti fabric from the 2011 collection and is a perfect balance between ecology (100% recyclable), innovation (a new polyolefin thread) and performance (twice as resistant as an acrylic thread). Lotus is used for fabrics with mixed colours: White Blue and White Sand
What are All Weather Fabrics?
All Weather Fabrics have been specifically developed for outdoor use. The fabric is mass-coloured, UV-resistant and does not fade under the influence of light or sunshine. Inside there is a Quick Dry Foam. This foam has a special structure that ensures that the water runs through three times faster so it also dries three times faster than high resilience foam.
At Manutti we use two different types of All Weather Fabrics: all weather basic that consists of 100% polypropylene and Sunbrella® that consists of 100% acrilyc.
What are Nautic Fabrics?
• Nautic Leather
Nautic Leather is imitation leather based on PVC, specifically developed for outdoor use (= imitation leather on boats). Nautic Leather is mass-coloured, UV-resistant and does not fade under the influence of light or sunshine. The fabric is watertight and resistant to water from swimming pools and seawater. It is easy to clean and maintain, with the Woven & Textile cleaner (see Manutti Care Line) available for specific maintenance. Is used in the Elements, Zendo and Liner collections.
• Nautic Fabric
Nautic Fabric is a 100% olefin fabric and watertight. Specifically developed for outdoor use. Nautic fabrics are mass-coloured and UV-resistant. Do not fade under the influence of light or sunshine. They are made watertight by a PU coating on the back, and are resistant to water from swimming pools and seawater. The Woven & Textile Cleaner (see Manutti Care Line) is available for specific maintenance. Nautic Fabrics are included in the Zendo, Flow, Liner collections.
What is Wicker?
Wicker is a synthetic fibre that withstands extreme temperature fluctuations. Each piece of furniture is woven by hand and is easy to clean and maintain. The Woven & Textile Cleaner (see Manutti Care Line) is available for specific maintenance.
Wicker contains no toxins; it is environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable.
Which teak does Manutti use?
Manutti only uses teak of the very best quality, from trees that are 60 to 80 years old originating from environmentally friendly forest management.
Manutti works with the IndonesianTrees4Trees non-profit foundation that empowers local communities by means of cooperation initiatives relating to reforestation, while also providing training programmes. The foundation's activities are financed by contributions from participating producers who contribute financially to replace the trees they use in their products.
Teak is resistant to UV radiation, chlorine and water, while being easy to clean and 100% recyclable. When left untreated a natural grey patina originates. To avoid this you can use specific care products such as Manutti Teak Cleaner, Manutti Teak Stain Protector and Manutti Teak Colour Refresher (see Manutti Care Line).
What is Trespa® (HPL)?
Trespa® (HPL - High Pressure Laminate) is a flat sheet based on resins, strengthened with wood-based fibres and manufactured under high pressure. The visible side is provided with a decorative surface; the edge is finished in black for all colours.
The product is scratch-resistant and very hard. It is UV-resistant and commonly used in the construction sector to clad outer walls.
High quality furniture deserves high quality care. We offer a wide range of top maintenance products to help you protect your furniture. Because we know the whims of nature very well.
Resin & Batyline® furniture
• Woven & Textiles Cleaner: cleans woven synthetics and Batyline® used in woven seats and rests on Manutti garden furniture. This cleaning product is unsuitable for textiles.
• Teak Cleaner: cleans faded teak furniture, restoring its fresh and sturdy appearance.
• Teak Stain Protector: saturates teak so it is not adversely affected by liquids or dirt.
• Teak Colour Refresher: preserves the natural, golden brown colour of teak, and restores the natural colour to faded teak.
Aluminium & Metal Furniture
• Alu & Metal Protector: cleaning wax that protects coated aluminium or metal.
Stainless steel furniture
• Stainless Steel Cleaner & Restorer: cleans stainless steel, restoring it to its original condition.
• Stainless Steel Wax Protector: removes surface oxidation deposits on stainless steel and prevents the furniture from developing oxidation stains.
• Stone Cleaner: removes stains such as wine, marker pen, oil and mould on the surface of natural stone.
• Stone Stain Protector: penetrates natural stone to protect the surface against grease, damp and dirt. Does not gloss and allows the stone to breathe. Does not or barely fade.
• Stone Colour Refresher: restores and deepens the colour of worn, dark natural stone such as Belgian limestone, granite and nero satingo. Caution: use this product before the Stone Stain Protector or it can no longer penetrate the stone.
• Grease and Oil Remover for stone: removes absorbed stains and impurities from natural stone. Caution: do not use on Caramel granite.
Glass and Trespa®
• Glass and Trespa® Cleaner & Polisher: ideal for removing all sorts of stains such as light scaling or edge deposits from water. The table top can be easily cleaned without scratching with the cloth supplied and the slightly sandy structure of the cleaner.
How to install the battery for the LED system?
This short video explains how to install the battery for your LED system.